Sunday, March 20, 2016

Oh Comely Sunday Morning


I spent a happy hour this morning sipping tea and browsing the latest issue of Oh Comely. It's a lovely issue and I contributed to the What We're Reading feature again. The issue's theme is 'change' and the feature is about books that changed you which gave me the delightful opportunity to write about Emma. I feel like to legitimately understand me you must also understand that Emma is the greatest and that it is one of my defining texts. (Happily Alice Naylor wrote about His Dark Materials so I didn't have to feel too torn.) I could talk and write about how much I love it forever.

Issue highlights:
- Linnea Enstrom writing about her abortion and Virginia Woolf vs. Jean Rhys in regards to rooms of one's own (heart)
- Jack Murphy writing about teaching the Beatles to school children
- Naomi Shimada being beautiful and joyous
- Women Who Changed the World: Barbara McClintock, Claude Cahun, Jennie Lee, Audre Lorde

2 comments:

  1. I'm checking out the Oh Comely blog now and am engrossed in the piece about High Rise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read that yet but Tom Hiddlestonnnnnn

      Delete