- Hump Day: The Utterly OMG ‘Magic Mike XXL’ - Wesley Morris: MMXXL is the best film of the year and, arguably, the decade and, perhaps, forever. More on this later. Wesley Morris is probably my favourite film critic and this is a great summary of the many pleasures of MMXXL.
- How It Feels - Jenny Zhang: Jenny Zhang on high-school, clichés, sadness, Instagram and Tracey Emin. Part of Tavi's issue of Poetry.
- Just Don't Do It - Debbie Cameron: Someone recently (I can't remember who and I don't care enough to Google) said that women say 'just' too much and that, obviously, this is bad and holding us back. This is a comprehensive rejoinder to that argument and every other argument that the way young women speak is wrong, be it 'like' or uptalk or vocal fry or blah blah blah.
- Naked Bieber, Jacked Aubrey, and a Life-Altering Question: Should I Get Swoll? - Rembert Browne: I don't really follow Rembert but then this happens or the glorious #SQUAD happens and I wonder if I shouldn't keep a closer eye on him. He truly is a master of tween boy angst and, although that doesn't sound particularly appealing, he is very funny.
- MMXXL obviously. More on this later.
- I caught up on an old episode of Storyville over the weekend - Muscle Shoals: The Greatest Recording Studio in the World. The music is just fantastic and I still struggle to believe that it all came out of such a small town.
- Miguel's Coffee video on repeat. *Fans self*