Thursday, September 10, 2015

Life Snapshots



See/Eat/Feel
  • The mad, beautiful effusion of hydrangeas at the V&A.
  • Chocolate, raspberry scones. These have double cream in the dough because why the hell not?
  • Dramatic London sunsets.
Read
  • If You Don't Click on This Story, I Don't Get Paid - Noah Davis: I am endlessly fascinated by how much writers get paid and how they do or do not manage to make a living. This is a thorough essay that contains a lot of actual numbers. Screw your euphemistic whispered conversations about money - I want real figures and this delivers.
  • The Witches of Salem - Stacy Schiff: Speaking of sources of endless fascination; Salem. The Salem story has everything - mass hysteria, possible mass psychosis, witches, an abundance of teenage girls... The dream! This is an excerpt from a non-fiction book, The Witches: Salem, 1692 (not going to lie, I think they could have tried harder on the title), so it is quite dry but if it is your cup of tea you'll enjoy all the details.
  • Searching for Sugar Daddy - Taffy Brodesser-Akner: This is totally absurd and delightful. I'm a big fan of TBA but I'm not sure I've ever read her doing straight-up funny before and it's great. Watch out for Thurston Von Moneybags and Tigress St. Fawn.
Listen





2 comments:

  1. All the carbs please! I'm baking a blueberry galette at the mo'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo, love all these tips. Am on the look out for a new book to read so going to check these ones out straight away!

    xx

    http://thestylecrusader.com

    ReplyDelete