Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Georgia O'Keefe and Ghost Ranch






Georgia O’Keeffe’s home at Ghost Ranch, Abiquiu, New Mexico

I know I just got back from a big, fancy America trip but can I turn around and go back? These images of Georgia O'Keeffe's home in New Mexico fill me with longing. They are so calm and pure. My mind is very busy at the moment and they almost make me feel peaceful. Like, if only I could get there, I could create anything and truly come to terms with myself.

And I could go, theoretically anyway. Ghost Ranch hosts spiritual retreats and tours and yoga and events. I would love to go although I suppose that tourists are antithetical to artistic zen calm. Anyway, that's a lot of pressure to put on a place and you know it would just be overflowing with my junk in 0.3 seconds. I am a clutter monster. I am doing some (very minimal by anybody-else-in-the-world's standards) decluttering in our flat at the moment in a mild attempt to make it a more relaxing place to spend time. I mean, it's cosy but it's also a bit hectic. I need some G O'K vibes. Or just slightly less stuff. Or both.

At least until I can get to Ghost Ranch there is plenty to be reading:

3 comments:

  1. That looks like a lovely place! Where else did you visit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Proper calming look. I missed this, where have you been in America?

    Buckets & Spades

    ReplyDelete