Below is my active lipstick collection - the lipsticks I wear all the time and really love. These are ace:
- Nars, Semi Matte Lipstick, Funny Face: Bright, dark fuchsia shot with very finely milled blue shimmer. Dry, waxy texture but not drying. Very pigmented.
- Nars, Semi Matte Lipstick, Shanghai Express: Dark, dusty red. Vampy but in a quiet way? Historical. Lipstick characteristics as per above.
- Tom Ford, Lip Colour, True Coral: People are not kidding around, Tom Ford lipsticks are NICE. Yeah, they're crazy expensive but this was a gift and I luuurve it. It is a perfect coral, bold but not shouty. Totally wearable and perfect with a breton shirt. The colour pay off is excellent and it is so creamy and gentle. Long lasting for a cream formula and generally ace. Plus, the packaging is lovely.
- Revlon, ColourBurst Balm Stain, Lovesick: Clean Barbie pink, a tiny bit of blue shimmer but barely noticeable, the texture is the thing here. It is a balm-stain-gloss-lipstick-easy-peasy-colour-thing. It's so straightforward. Draw it on and it stays all day. It is super comfortable and, magazine cliché aside, you really can just throw it in your bag. Also, super useful for filling in any other faded lipstick - red, coral, burgundy, it goes with everything. I am fond of the petal lip look.
- YSL, Rouge Pur Couture, I'm not sure what the colour is, the label has worn off, maybe Le Rouge?: Very red, classic movie star red. Creamy formula, easy wearing. Not as long lasting as some, not as non-drying as others but a good all-rounder.
- Revlon, Super Lustrous Matte Lipstick, Mauve it Over: A slightly lilac-y nude. This isn't too brown or too pink or too concealer-y. The 'lustrous matte' finish is kind of odd but the colour is great.
- Revlon, Super Lustrous Lipstick, Fire and Ice: Fiery, orange red. Still a true red rather than an orange or a coral. I swear, this red would suit everyone. Or, at least, it has suited everyone I have so far forced it upon.
- Rimmel, Kate Matte Lipstick, 107: My prime autumn red. Burgundy, rich with a touch of pink, dark but not gothic. I mean, I love gothic but there is a time and a place and this still works for the office. October perfect. These Rimmel lipsticks are hella drying but they're very pigmented.
- Rimmel, Kate Lasting Finish Lipstick, 22: Vibrant dark pink. Zing. The Kate Moss colours do go well with clothes. Not explicitly fashion-y but still on trend. Lipstick characteristics as per above.