Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Begrudgingly Admitting to Autumn





Daria Werbowy for Mango AW/14 via Because I'm Addicted

I have been trying to ignore autumn. It is August. It is ridiculous to be considering coats and jumpers and nine plus months of cold, damp misery. Admittedly, autumn clothes are more compelling than summer clothes but I have been resolutely ignoring September issues. I am nowhere near ready for summer to be over.

British weather is pissing on my denial though. Quite literally. It's cold and grey and wet and awful. It's like sunshine never happened. It annoys me that, like sleep, you can build up a sleep deficit or suffer from SAD but you can't build up a sleep surplus or ration out the sunshine like a solar power battery. Once it starts raining for real everything good and golden is wiped out instantly... Sad times.

A small compensation? Daria. She is the most beautiful, perfect creature and she makes even autumn, with its wet towel skies and cold hands, seem seductive and desirable. The answer, as ever, lies in the knitwear. Textured knits in muted colours, grey marl and scruffy denim. Tousled hair and sharp cheekbones. Soft fabrics and rugged eyes. As I said, perfect. I guess I'll take it.

1 comment:

  1. She is definitely one of my style idols. I am denying that fall is just around the corner but when it comes to shopping for fall clothes, you are THE expert. I am coming to you with all of my fall apparel decisions

    ReplyDelete