Friday, August 16, 2013

Preen x Aldo AW13



Preen AW13 via ShowStudio

I haven't had any reason to think about the largely unremarkable high street shoe chain Aldo in years. It just isn't on my radar. Luckily Preen are though. [What this says about me, given that I'm unlikely to ever be able to afford Preen, is a story for another day...] Their AW13 collection is shaaaaarp. I love crazy avant garde fashion as much as the next gal but I would wear the shit out of 75% of this show. It is tough and interesting with a sprinkling of pretty. Realistically I will be wearing quite a lot of black this winter (and every other winter past, present and future) and Thornton and Bregazzi's clean lines, disintegrating leopard prints, Faberge floral grids and flashes of red perk that up nicely. I am feeling very drawn to reds at the moment...

Anyway, I'm not going to be able to buy any of the clothes but I may be able to buy the shoes! The runway shoes were developed with Aldo and will be on sale. Which is awesome. Like the collection they are bad ass - spike stilettos, pointed toes, minimal platforms. There is a buckle or two, an ankle strap here and there and a minimal colour palette of black, red, and concrete blue. They are hot. They are not messing around. I want them.



via R29

Chuck x

1 comment: