Monday, May 20, 2013

Tumblr State of Mind



Historically I have been fairly anti-Tumblr. Personally, not generally, that is. I've always just been more of a words person. I found the never ending stream of decontextualised images disorientating and rather grating... Weirdly, given that, Tumblr is the only place I want to play right now. It seems to suit where my brain. It is so sprawling and shattered and disconnected but full of beauty and communities and funzes. It is non-judgmental and it seems to be all I am capable of after work. I like it.

Of course, I would get into it just in time for the Yahoo takeover but fingers crossed they won't break it. I don't understand how Yahoo can be so established but still so bad at the internetz. Baffling... It is excellent to see women laughing alone with salad and feminist Ryan Gosling on the BBC news though.

So, any Tumblr recs?

Chuck x

4 comments:

  1. I've been hooked on tumblr lately, off to check these out! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to use it in the past, but gone off for a while.... I do like its simplicity, though. You are absolutely right - there are days and times when all one needs is a beautiful picture that sort of replaces 1000 words. :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. i find it pretty tiresome if i'm honest, i dunno. it's not like i don't like photos

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy the post and photos, very good. I get a new leather jacket from cwmalls.com, it is great, it fits well, it's incredibly soft, and you can tell it's of very good quality.It goes well with pretty much anything.

    ReplyDelete