Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Déjà Vu




Something weird has happened. Weird and unexpected. I want t-shirts with stuff on them. I did not think that this was going to happen again after that ill-fated slogan tee phase I went through from ages 12 to 15. This is exactly why you should never say never. This and actual important things... And they're so bad for me. Printed t-shirts just do not look good on people with (generous) chests. They look/make you look bulky and lumpy and mishapen no matter how much you love them. Sure, they add a dash of humour or interest to an otherwise dry outfit and, yes, think of the shoes you could pair with the above but no. I must resist. Life is cruel.

If you are lucky enough to be able to wear these t-shirts I would suggest you check out Rachael's thoughts on the subject. I will try not to resent you.

Chuck x

4 comments:

  1. YES. Thank you. This is exactly what I have been thinking. Not so much the generous chest, but more returning to dressing like I did when I was like 12/13/14. They also never look that good in real life because at the end of the day it's just a t-shirt. That you have to spend a load of money on because it says something. My only solace is band t-shirts because dammit at least they mean something!

    (although Frida...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i reckon threadbare vtg tees and baseball t shirts can look really good, really like the goodhood/outsider collection

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been diggin my very old band tees lately and thinking about purchasing a new (forbidden!) graphic/logo tee buuuut waiting for the exact right one. I will never not love the cyclical nature of fashion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. God I'm such a sucker for shirts with stuff written on them... I've even created ones with sayings on my own. Blah, I say if it's not too expensive, do it anyway. You get the funniest reactions from people reading your shirts

    ReplyDelete