Sunday, October 7, 2012

Adventures with Coconut Milk



Nigel Slater's simple Thai soup with coconut milk and rice noodles


Sprouted Kitchen's spiced lentil soup with coconut milk and kale

Both topped with sweet and salty chicken and fresh coriander

Apart from sporadic sun filled days it has been grey and miserable lately. I want to eat warming, comforting food but I'm not ready to start making stews yet so I have been all over soups. And I've been craving coconut milk in a big way. Life has been stressful and a bit upsetting recently and there is childish joy to its sweet creaminess. Special credit to Waitrose organic coconut milk which is by far the best supermarket coconut milk I've tried - thick and rich and not watery at all. Full fat forever.

Anyway, both of these recipes are full of enough wonderful healthy things and spice to make anyone feel better. They will cure what ails ya. Perfect for autumn and illnesses.

Chuck x

6 comments:

  1. Boo hope things improve soon. I was just wondering what to do with coconut milk as I often buy it to make a curry and have loads left over- perfect. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yess! Full fat forever! I feel like that should be a club. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This makes me crave a thai green curry! I love full fat everything. Nom! ;)

    Tara
    The Style Rawr!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh they look so yummy! Might have to try using some coocnut milk in my recipes!
    Glad to have found your blog, now following!

    Daisy Dayz
    Enter my giveaway to win designer shades

    ReplyDelete