Thursday, September 6, 2012

In Store Surprises






I'm actually quite impressed by the latest crop of in store magazines. Sure, they're not going to be winning any Nobel prizes but they're very well designed, there are some good editorials and even the odd interesting article. And they're free. This is solid content and design for nothing. They are completely on brand and, I think, such a smart way to advertise and connect with your consumers.

Highlights of the latest COS and Topshop mags: the Inspiring Art of Collecting, Willy Vanderperre shot editorial, mood boards, make up tutorials, sneak peaks, an intriguing interview with the grandparents behind i-D. I haven't read an i-D in years, I clearly need to pick one up because Terry and Tricia Jones sound right up my street - sensible, thoughtful, enthusiastic people. Very interesting.

Do pick these up if you get a chance. The Monki magazine is cute too. I'm not sure who else is doing them - any recommendations?

Chuck x

10 comments:

  1. I love picking up the in store magazines! I haven't hit the shops for any for a while though, boo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't too keen on the Topshop one.. though I do like Monki, more to read, as well as the pretty pics xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mailbox has been totally full with all of those fall catalogues - the Madewell one is my favourite so far

    ReplyDelete
  4. They do look quite good, which is surprising to me. I've always had a soft spot for Toast catalogues too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Cos one is lovely - I especially like the gloss/matt mix. I was thinking of how much the type etc reminded me of The Gentlewoman, when I realised Penny Martin was a contributor too. All in all, a classy job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the COS magazines are brilliant, I've got about 4 different copies up to now. Can't beat it

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to get some of these, not sure they have COS here but it looks beautiful!

    xo Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Somehow I get ASOS and H&M in the post even though these are 2 stores I never shop in, and they are both awful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Cos in store magazine! The Monki one is quite fun as well, and the Topshop looks great - will have to pick up next time I'm there. I'm really excited that more stores are doing this, especially when they make them this good and include engaging content, not just thinly-veiled advertisements (which pretty much all magazines are anyway!). Definitely very smart!

    ReplyDelete