Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Some Clothes I've Worn


Clockwise from top left:
Silk shirt - Topshop (ebay) / Belt - Uniqlo / Skirt - Zara / Brogues - Asos
Cashmere cardigan - Land's End / T-shirt - UO / Pencil skirt - Topshop / Converses
Dress - Vero Moda (ebay)
Cashmere cardigan - Land's End / T-shirt - Whistles / Belt - vintage / Trousers - COS / Converses

Wow, it has been over four months since I last did one of these. Time, as they say, flies. Some things never change though - my mirror is as grubby as ever. I have resigned myself to the fact that I don't have the energy or the interest required to keep it gleaming and finger print free. I am very busy and important and I have other vital matters to attend to like reading magazines and lolling around luxuriantly.

This post is a work-wear special. Imagine all of these with proper heels. Journalistic integrity might require the full outfit but my smart shoes live in a pile under my desk so it ain't happening. The new(ish) job has quite a strict, traditional office-y dress code. All very conservative - button down shirts, knee length skirts, suits etc. I like to push against this... Since I don't leave the office or meet clients I could happily work in my pyjamas but apparently it's not the done thing.

How do you jazz up your work wear? Also, where do you find attractive, affordable formal work clothes? I'm always in need of good recommendations because my personal taste skews drastically towards the casual (obviously).

Chuck x

7 comments:

  1. Cute! Love the outfit on the top left.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The striped dress looks darling on you. J.crew is my standby. I think you can get it internationally through netaporter as well

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked the Vero Moda dress! Where do you work? Zara is probs best for smart and nice office wear :) Working for a charity I can get away with anything- our director of fundraising walks around in Hawaiian shirts and mismatched socks. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find workwear so hard- I'm always too casual and usually, showing too much leg/chest. You're doing a great job! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely blog.
    http://xtheperfectmess.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Glasses and Sunglasses suites to your outfits

    ReplyDelete