Wednesday, August 22, 2012

On Love


I have Susan Sontag's diaries As Consciousness is Harnessed to Flesh sitting on my bookshelf. This beautiful illustration of quotes from the book by Wendy MacNaughton for BrainPickings is getting me all excited about reading it. I am on a bit of a Sontag hit at the moment - I finally got round to reading her excellent essay on Camp and On Photography, which I read last year, is a book that I can't shake off. Next up, Regarding the Pain of Others. I wish this illustration was available as a print but I don't think it is so we will just have enjoy it in it's internet-y loveliness.

Chuck x

1 comment:

  1. Oooo, is there a book? There's this one Susan Sontag book at work that I used to look at all the time & then one day someone bought it & I remember being like stupidly sad about it. Silly really!

    ReplyDelete