Sunday, July 15, 2012

Five Favourite Friday Fings


I'm still thinking about some of the dresses from the Valentino Resort 2013 collection. They're delicate and beautiful and lovely and feminine. Those aren't traditionally my buzzwords but Pier Paolo Piccioli and Maria Grazia Chiuri are really nailing it. I really like the paired down styling and makeup and the scruffy hair on Caroline Brach Nielsen. It's an interesting collection actually, they're clearly having fun. It's not all to my taste - I'll pass on the Pucci prints and the flounces and the leopard print - but there are delicious moments.

I love a red lipstick. I have a couple of different favourites that I wear quite a lot. I don't believe that there is a 'perfect red' for everyone. You can have as many different ones as you feel like and feel happy and confident in. The latest one that I have my eye on is the Helmut Red from Poppy King, House of Exposure and Jenny Shimizu. It's a knockout blue-red, all classic and sexy and strong like the women in Newton's work. The packaging is pretty sharp too. Read more on Into the Gloss.

This sweet animation from Johnny Kelly for Chipotle is a crash course in sustainable food production. It doesn't say anything new or ground breaking but the presentation is cute and accessible and Willie Nelson makes Coldplay's The Scientist something special. It's a good beginner's guide. The more people that see this and think about it the better so watch it, pass it on and then read Jonathan Safran Foer's Eating Animals.

Fleetwood Mac, yes. Lykke Li, yes. Lykke Li covering Fleetwood Mac's 'Silver Springs', double yes. Got a Girl Crush indeed. This Mac tribute album is out in August and it sounds excellent. Psyched.

Talking of ethical, political things everyone should watch... Republicans, get in my vagina. One of many excellent links on Hila's post on Jessica Stanley's blog. We women don't want government in our schools or hospitals or banks, we want government in our vaginas! Our right to choose? What about our right to choose not to have a choice?? I could just quote the full two and a half minutes. Very funny, worryingly true. Also, I love Judy Greer.

I hope you all had good weekends. Mine went far too fast (as ever) but I did eat some cracking food in the last 48 hours. More on that soon. Any exciting links that you've seen?

Chuck x

7 comments:

  1. Valentino resort = swoon worthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That video is great, because humour is such a good way to talk about serious things (done in a classy way, of course). Glad you liked it, and watched it.

    p.s. that Valentino dress: awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that little video (especially the cute little pig at the end..) and nice version of The Scientist too x

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah that dress is just too beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that Valentino dress - just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! You are my doppelgänger! Cx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have wayy to many red lipsticks! I constantly lose them and then buy more and then find my old ones so I have red lipsticks lying all over the house! Haha! Cute blog! <3333
    xxxx

    naivebones.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete