Thursday, June 14, 2012

Straw Poll

I've been wanting some new glasses for ages but it seemed frivolous to buy them when I had a perfectly functional pair already. I didn't particularly care for them but they did the job and, you know, moneyz. Then I went and lost them in a bar last week because I'm an idiot. I'm torn between excitement at the prospect of a new pair and frustration at myself for my carelessness. I guess I'd managed to hold onto them for nearly six years but still, stupid... Then I had to endure a trip to the optician to get an updated prescription and, eugh, it was unpleasant with the weird drops and the pressure and the closeness. The drops were new to me which just shows how overdue I was for a checkup and they were horrid. Has anyone else had an eye test recently? I feel scarred, that's all I'm saying.

On the plus side, my home trial from Glasses Direct arrived today and I very much enjoyed playing around with the four pairs I ordered. All of them are from London Retro because I like their styles and their price range and loads of bloggers have had them and liked them. I know they had a big social media drive a year or so ago and, look, it totally worked - I needed glasses and I thought London Retro.





I can't vouch for the full Glasses Direct service yet but I do approve of free next day delivery on the home trial. This isn't a sponsored post by the way although if anyone wants to fund my ability to see they should knock themselves out. My first impressions of the various glasses is that they are flimsier than I was expecting but I get what you pay for, I suppose. And what I am most interested in (beside being able to read all the tiny numbers and drive safely) is style because I'm shallow et al.

So what do you think? I need opinions. Obviously the Sherlocks are very bad. I'm wavering between the Fitzrovias and the Sohos. Possibly erring towards the Fitzrovias. The Sohos might be a tad too chunky? What do you think? Advise me. And has anyone bought glasses online? Any helpful tips or comments?

Chuck x

12 comments:

  1. 4th, definitely! your instincts are right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the Sohos actually look really good on you - not too clunky at all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loe the second pair...Gracie I think?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I want to hear more about how you lost the first pair. "I lost them in a bar," .... hmm, I sense a more amusing story you are hiding from us! :D All the same, I like the last pair lots! ♥ Claire @ Jazzpad

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the Fitzrovia's best on you, think they really suit you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the last pair. They look a little vintage but still look modern and flattering on your face. That would be my choice! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The top two both look good on you, not sure i could chose between them!

    Daisy Dayz
    Cross-Jones-Photography

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Fitzrovia, hands down. They suit your face the most & are quirky but not in an "I'm trying really hard" way. If that makes sense. The Sohos remind me too much of most peoples glasses. But then I guess it depends how much you wear them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE these glasses! I think my faves are the ones in the last pic :) xx

    {Satin&Souffles}

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would choose the first pair. They fit you very well!

    xx

    www.sickbytrend.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. My favourite two are the Soho and Fitzrovia ones - I like the Soho the best, but the Fitzrovia looks more comfortable. I have two pairs of glasses, and while one looks better, the other is more comfortable. Guess which pair I wear 95% of the time? Yep, the comfortable ones. I think you have to prioritise that over everything, because uncomfortable glasses often results in bad headaches and grumpy moods. I think they both look great on you though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fitzrovia. You must get it! It looks so cute, which ones did you end up getting?

    ReplyDelete