Sunday, May 6, 2012

Recuperation


Hangover cures are a hotly contested area of science. Everyone has a favourite. I always think that Skittles and salt and vinegar crisps are a good place to start. Also, noteworthy; a fry up, a long and bracing walk, industrial quantities of paracetamol, a duvet and a box set, a skin burning shower. There are those who talk about the hair of the dog but the very thought of alcohol on top of a hangover makes me feel nauseous. Everyone can agree though that tea and cake (honey, lemon & chamomile in this case - not bad although pound cake kind of baffles me) will cure most ills, even those caused by overenthusiastic dance moves and margarita consumption. That, and Destiny's Child c. 2000. What can I say? It's been one of those days...

Chuck x

5 comments:

  1. jajaj!great post!hope you feel better after that!kisses

    ReplyDelete
  2. that cake looks pretty tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Urgh, as I've gotten older, the hangovers have gotten worse. A burger or pho always works well for me. That and a good nap

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe my hangovers get worse with age as well.. this looks like a good cure. I tend to go for tea, mildly flat coke or lucozade and not much food.. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha...love this. I always need salt salt salt...a big greasy breakfast, or else chips. (Ideally, eating the chips the night before before I pass out seems to help.)

    ReplyDelete