Friday, May 11, 2012

Five Favourite Friday Fings

On a Friday and everything. Check me out...

Clockwise from top left:

Natalia Grzybowski's Hybrid collection is just beautiful. Sculptural shapes and intricate botanical florals. It is a divided collection - half pure, virginal white, half prints. The forms of the clothes unite the halves. It is really lovely. I'm looking forward to seeing what the recent University of Technology Sydney graduate gets up to next. Via Foxtail + Fern.

The new Hilary Mantel book, Bring up the Bodies, came out yesterday! I'm mega excited. Margaret Atwood did a good review for the Guardian. I can't really justify buying the hardback but I'm hoping our library might get it in stock...

Rap music does make me feel invincible - I want this tshirt. I could wear it when I'm striding through my endz, blasting my music and generally feeling gangster. Cos I am super gangster. Obviously.

These sunglasses are lovely; two tone turquoise, gold luster inlay and sapele wood. Handmade semi-precious sunnies. Miniature works of art almost.

And actual art. Caitlin Shearer has been posting lots of beautiful work recently. Portraits, her new textiles and dress designs, awesome temporary tattoos. You name it. It's great when artists you like get all prolific.

Chuck x

2 comments:

  1. Print Liberation is so f-ing awesome, don't you think

    ReplyDelete