Saturday, February 4, 2012

Hotty McScorchio

Basically this is just an homage to Ava Gardner and her overwhelming loveliness in The Barefoot Contessa. She is crazy beautiful/crazy hot. The film is a bit rambling but it is very atmospheric and, as mentioned, Ava G is SCORCHIO. Every shot of her is heaven. She had a gripping life too - Anne Helen Peterson has written one of her great Scandals of Classic Hollywood articles on Gardner.

I mean, look at her...


The woman is a dream. I love Bogart too - he is so dour and brooding. Together they are the Beauty & the Prune!


Oh and the settings. Nightclubs in Madrid, the red carpet, Hollywood parties, yachts, the upper-class European party circuit, Italy. And the clothes! Gowns and stoles and wiggle skirts and high waisted shorts and wedding dresses and collared dresses with tiny waists and flamenco skirts. And the jewels. And that swimming costume! Definitely need one of those.


I also need a little mint convertible. That shouldn't be a problem, right?

The other women are pretty sizzling too.


'Oh hey, I'm Ava Gardner. Someone is just carving a sculpture of me. No biggie.'


Goddess.

Chuck x

2 comments:

  1. I loved that article. She is so beautiful. I find all of the Hollywood starlet scandals form the good old days to be completely fascinating.

    *Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, so I watched this film for the first time a few days ago and was COMPLETELY captivated. She is absolutely radiant. And I love Humphrey Bogart too; he has such an interesting face. This was such a beautiful movie!

    ReplyDelete