Monday, January 16, 2012

Some Clothes I've Worn


1. Scarf:H&M - Jumper:Whistles - Cords:Uniqlo - Boots:TS
2. Scarf:Accessorize - Jumper:H&M - Belt:Beyond Retro - Skirt:AA - Boots:TS
3. Cardi:Land's End (best ever) - Tshirt:UO - Leather skirt:eBay - Loafers:eBay
4. Scarf:Accessorize - Jacket:TS - Skirt:eBay - Boots:TS

Yeah, another lazy post! Partially this is just an excuse to show off my new Topshop boots (pics 2 and 4). They have been my only sales buy and they were unintentional but glorious. I steered clear of most of the sales because I have zero moneyz but accidentally wandered into TS a while ago and these were sitting there alone and in my size batting their metaphorical eyelashes at me. They were so beautiful and so beautifully reduced and I couldn't not buy them. I've worn them at least four days every week since I bought them. I don't even feel guilty about buying them (I feel guilty about buying most things at the moment, including but not limited to food, travel cards, occasional drinks at the pub...) because they so perfectly filled a gaping hole in my shoe wardrobe - winter work shoes. My brogues are falling apart, my other boots are too scruffy and my feet get cold in my loafers. The trainer collection that I amassed at uni is going largely unworn and party shoes aren't the answer.

The above outfits are my versions of work clothes. I've worked at a whole bunch of places in the last couple of months - places that require entire, separate work wardrobes and places where I can wear my scruffy student clothes. Some of these places require a middle ground though. Suits and stilettos don't fly but neither do jeans and trainers. I've been working on ways to smarten up my actual, living wardrobe. I don't want to wear my boring 'office' clothes but I do want to look relatively professional. It is a question of seeing what is transferable - what can be made smart, how I can sneak my personal tweaks into grown up clothes. I'm quite enjoying it really. The boots have definitely helped! I must try to wear less black though...

How do you incorporate your real clothes into your work clothes? Or do you like to keep them separate?

Chuck x

15 comments:

  1. Amazing looks! The TS are awesome, not buying them would have been a crime so glad you did haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are work clothes?! Gosh I'd love to look like that from 9 to 5 :) Love those Topshop boots too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. black anything always seems to work for both work and play - I basically rely on a great pair of skinny black pants that look great in either situations. It gets kind of hard though to balance the work/play wardrobe in summer here though, because it's so brutally hot, long pants just seem inhuman :)

    great boots! a worthy investment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your boots! I can't mix my work and play clothes - it's as if I need to keep some part of those lives separate

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting post, this was really useful. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I could dress like you for work! Number 2 and 3 are my favourites! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love look 4! The layering is spot on.

    Strangely I work freelance from home so my 'work' clothes pretty much equal my pajamas. It's sad, but true. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely post!

    Shall we follow each other? I'm following.

    WWW.FASHIONWHIT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  9. #2 is my favorite. I keep my work and non-work clothing separate for the most part, with the exception of jeans, which I wear to both places.

    *Erin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a great post, I like it!!! The photos are simply fab!

    Take a look and if you want we can follow each others: Cosa mi metto???
    Win an amazing dress of your choice up to £200, enter the Zeleb giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a great post, I like it!!! The photos are simply fab!

    Take a look and if you want we can follow each others: Cosa mi metto???
    Win an amazing dress of your choice up to £200, enter the Zeleb giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your new boots, they look like the Marc Jacobs ones I was pining over! I tend to dress down for work since it takes me to some less than glam neighborhoods.

    Happy Thursday!

    xo Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  13. just some clothes i wore, nbd...
    um, you're gorgeous and i will be copying these outfits next week.
    my work is casual, so i don't really have to separate work/play clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute. Love you in that brown Whistles jumper - time to ditch the black and grays and stock up on shades on chestnut and tan. You have covered all the reasons I want to continue as a student - no need to incorporate or wear real shoes or sometimes even worry about brushing my hair. xx

    ReplyDelete