Monday, January 2, 2012

Resolute and Passionate

“Heaven preserve me from littleness and pleasantness and smoothness. Give me great glaring vices, and great glaring virtues, but preserve me from the neat little neutral ambiguities. Be wicked, be brave, be drunk, be reckless, be dissolute, be despotic, be a suffragette, be anything you like, but for pity’s sake be it to the top of your bent. Live fully, live passionately, live disastrously. Let’s live, you and I, as none have ever lived before.”


- Violet Trefusis to Vita Sackville-West, October 25, 1918


An admirable sentiment to begin the year with via Philo*Sofia. Words to ponder and live by (at least a little bit).


Chuck x

4 comments:

  1. nice blog dear! stop by anytime:)
    xoxo Sienna
    http://fashion-sienna.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year my dear! Amazing blog! Maybe we can follow each other if you like :)

    http://maryfashionlove.blogspot.com/

    Mary
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant quote, I recently read The Bolter about Idina Sackville who was Sackville-West's cousin. I'd like to read about her next - she had an affair with Virginia Woolf, y'know x

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is the best quote for the new year i've heard. LOVE IT>

    ReplyDelete