Sunday, January 1, 2012

Janus

Looking back and looking forward...

Some of my favourite clothes and outfits from 2011
Some of my favourite books of 2011
Some of my favourite things I've cooked in 2011


My general impression of 2011 is that it has been fine. Damning with faint praise really. It hasn't been bad but it hasn't been brilliant. There has been a lot of hard work, disappointments and some interesting new experiences. I have high hopes for 2012 though, let us say. Do or die. I think 2012 has definite potential... My main resolution for next year is to say yes more. 2012 is going to be the year of yes!

Despite slightly bitching up 2011 I can't help but grin when I look back at these photos. There have been lots of good things this year - fashion, fiction, friends and frolics. I've been to Bologna with the fam, Rome with the boyf and Edinburgh with my friends. I've eaten delicious food and read wonderful books and I've moved to London. These are the lovely things that make up life. Hopefully there will be even more of them in the future.

Here's to 2012.

Chuck x

8 comments:

  1. I love the pictures from the last year. 2011 was okay but there's so much promise to 2012. Here's to hoping it'll be a fantastic one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah that chocolate cake looks INSANE. I'm sure you know of which one i'm referring too.
    I agree with your view on 2011. It's been a hard year with lots of change but now it's time for things to start happening! I've welcomed the changes coming my way.

    HAPPY NEW YEAR X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some fab outfits there, those tights are amazing! And how many yummy things have you cooked, you domestic goddess?! Here's to a superb 2012 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great year and I wish you even a better one for 2012. :) Looking forward to the new stories and recipes, sweetie!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd classify my 2011 as "fine" too. Also - "Eh". I want 2012 to be "AHHHH!". And in a good way, not in terror. Here's hoping for no terrified "AHH!-s".

    Also - I've had The House of Mirth on my to-read list for years. YEARS. I need to read it & soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for end of year montages! Some lovely outfits, cakes & books, looks like you had a properly good year. Happy 2012!

    ReplyDelete