Wednesday, January 25, 2012

IRL and Not So Much

In real life, apart from battling with January blues and overwhelming multitasking, I've interviewed another of my favourite bloggers for the Oh Comely website. This time it is the brilliant Ismay Ozga. Her blog Two Two Oh Four is a consistent delight. It is always inspiring and quiet and beautiful. Oh yeah, and she is an illustrator, photographer and jewellery designer. I keep getting excited when I see Paper & Chain jewellery on places like Elleuk.com! Basically I think she is awesome. Read the interview here.





In my imaginary/internet life I have been feeling nostalgic about school. This is all Raf Simons' fault. I was thrilled to leave school but the images for his pre-fall collection are very seductive. Enough about them is familiar that I can glorify my memories into comparative snapshots of intellectual, collegiate, lady bliss. There was certainly a lot of lounging around with the gal pals, plenty of books and navy and cuddles and even the odd wood-paneled room. We were definitely not this stylish though. We were very scruffy - lots of ripped tights, muddy shoes and unbrushed hair. Also, pjs, hoodies and slippers. We were a natty bunch! Those were comfy days though, whatever else they were not...

Chuck x

8 comments:

  1. My undergraduate life was filled with many, many long conversations in cafes and lounging about with friends, but we certainly never looked like this :) More often than not, I would be looking very scruffy, wearing a boyfriend's jumper rather than tailored clothes. Oh well, I do love this collection, even if it is highly idealised.

    I've bookmarked the interview and plan to read it later on tonight when I have some 'spare' time. It sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss school days too. It was nice having no money and having to make up ways to entertain yourselves - and eating the most horrible of things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get you writing for Oh Comely, I am very impressed! And my uni days were certainly not this stylish. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. i hated school, is was far from this. the girls certainly didn't look this well turned out. i've not seen these images before, i'm well into the cardis. ace on the interview.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this shoot. wish I looked a tenth as relaxed, happy or well dressed on any given day. Making me want to grow the fringe out and go back to side partings. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorority chic! Shoots like this make me reminisce too, in spite of myself...

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the collection, hate this campaign though.. X

    ReplyDelete