Saturday, January 7, 2012

IRL and Not So Much

In real life, apart from just eating lots of pitta bread and hummus, I've recently been working with Oh Comely  magazine. My love of the magazine goes back a long way - you can read more about it here . If you haven't come across it I would highly recommend it (obviously). It is beautiful and awesome and I'm not just saying that. Anyway, a couple of weeks ago I got to interview the lovely Charlie May of Girl a la Mode  for the Oh Comely blog. She was/is a delight and if you are a fan I would suggest that you check out the interview asap.



In not real life, in my imaginative life, I'm wearing lots of Acne pre-fall and looking ace. Seriously, a cracking collection only made better by the lookbook styling. I like that it is clean and feminine but not girly. I don't feel that comfortable being über ladylike... Admittedly the full skirt is something that I would admire on other people rather wear/be able to wear myself but everything else would fit into my wardrobe immediately and very nicely. Sure, they'd be slumming it amongst all my eBay and sales purchases but maybe they would enjoy the adventure. Clothes of Acne pf12, come and visit me and stay forever. Trundle your fabric-y way out of shops and wardrobes and into my life. I will love you indefinitely.

(So I'm clearly going a little bit mad. Have a great weekend.)

Chuck x

12 comments:

  1. Love the first jacket!kisses!

    Cailin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't be able to wear a full skirt either. Who can? Stick figures?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being mad just makes life more exciting x

    ReplyDelete
  4. In my real life I eat lots of hummus too!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I love Acne. Wish I could buy some of their garments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jealous (and impressed) of you working with Oh Comely! I love them so much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to hear you are writing for a mag! Your writing style is so amazing and definitely worth a lot more attention from the world. Off the check the magazine website right now. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH THAT BLUE COAT IS HOT!!!!!!

    x

    Hope you are enjoying the new year.
    http://raisedbythewolves.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the blue Acne coat--and you never know, it's pre-fall, so there's still time for some of it to make it's way into your wardrobe!

    xo mary jo

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAY for working at Oh Comely! What a great publication.

    Thanks for your comment! The cinnamon bun recipe is VERY good! They were so delicious. I want them right now. It takes over 2 hours (lots of waiting for the dough to rise) but is worth it. I'll post the recipe sometime soon if you are interested.

    As for my lovely job it is nice and good for now, but to be honest a bit boring. I'm working with friendly, fun people and love the whole approach of the company but I am hoping to move on to something a bit more challenging soon, where I can use some of my skills and learn and all that. It is so hard finding decent work though!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH i didn't know you worked for them, ace! i flick through when my gf has a copy, she's always saying how decent it is

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the photos! Thanks for your lovely comment my dear :)

    http://maryfashionlove.blogspot.com/

    Mary
    xx

    ReplyDelete