Anyway, last weekend a nice thing happened to me. It was good timing because during peak essay periods the only other nice thing happening to me is breakfast (not to diss breakfast - I LOVE breakfast). This nice thing was that the very lovely Olivia of cheapfrills bestowed upon me a Stylish Blogger Award. Luckily she couldn't see me when she gave it to me! I can barely remember the last time I wore real clothes. Essay time = unparalleled pyjama time for me. But not in a good way. Anyway, as part of the award I must share 7 things that you might not know about me. I have actually done one of these before and it turns out that coming up with 14 interesting, amusing, unknown facts about oneself is pretty tricky so apologies if these are a bit uninspiring. I should keep a narcissist's notebook in case of such occasions and just jot down hilarious and amazing things about myself whenever they cross my mind... I'm sure that would make me into a delightful person!
So, here goes...
- I can style a grey fleecy blanket in 97 different ways. I know this because it has been the key to my wardrobe for the last fortnight. I can make it into a natty dress, top, coat, cloak... I can almost convince people that it is real clothing (almost).
- My first ever make-up was a blue mascara and a pale pink pearlescent lip gloss. 12 never looked so chic!
- I can sing Eternal Flame word for word. And I mean every single word. It turns out it is a little bit creepy... I blame Atomic Kitten and its being No. 1 for about 3 months during my formative years.
- My starring dramatic role at school was as The Pig with the Ring in his Nose (aged 5). I looked like a cocktail sausage in my pink leotard. Other winning performances included 'Dancing Jellyfish' and 'Chorus Flamingo'.
- You wouldn't know it now but once upon a time I had the worst teeth ever. I was an orthodontist's fantasy/worst nightmare. I moved to my secondary school with headgear (only at night, thank god) and I still made friends - that is charisma, people.
- My favourite art galleries are the Musée D'Orsay in Paris, the Van Gogh Museum and Rembrandt's House in Amsterdam and the Villa Borghese in Rome.
- I am super cute when I miaow along with the Mad Men theme tune. Sure, there are those who might disagree but they would be WRONG.
I hope everyone has a great weekend. I'm off to Edinburgh for post-deadline celebrations so I won't be blogging. Woop!