Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Festive Fare, Part One of Many


Christmas Pie - Mushroom, potato & cheese pie from the Pieminister cookbook

Man, I'm getting so excited about Christmas this year. R and I bought our tree last weekend. First time I've ever bought a Christmas tree. Very grown up (also, very expensive - who knew?). We've begun our bauble collection that will hopefully grow over the years. More on that later. I have paper chain plans for this weekend. Mostly though, it's all about the food. There are so many Christmas-y things I want to cook and eat. Also, normal things that I want to make Christmas-y. I'm going to be getting a lot of use out of my mini Christmas tree cutter...

Practical question about image size, do my pictures work for you? I've been realising that my laptop might have an abnormally large screen. All my images look normal/moderate on my screen but turns out they look a bit awkward on the boyf's screen and you can barely see them on an iPad... How are they on your computer/reader? Is there a way to set pictures so that they'll auto-size to individual browsers? I'm not a natural at the whole technology thing!

Chuck x

8 comments:

  1. I want to come to you for christmas dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh this pie looks epic (pic came out fine) Yes Christmas trees seem to get more expensive every year! Also paper chains yes, we have some up now. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read through google reader and your pics look fine on there. Extremely impressed with your Christmassy pie! We were too cheap to pay for a tree this year, I've put up some fairy lights and bells as a concession to the season. It's not the same though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The picture looks fine. Did you make that pie?! That is impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep the pictures look dandy on my laptop! That pie is quite adorable, I'm super psyched about Christmas too! Decorations galore :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, thank you for this idea with the pie! It sounds delicious. And I loved the dog baubles from the day after post (am such a dog person, anything with or about dogs melts my heart) and liked the candles from the day after the day after post. You may want to visit notonthehighstreet.com if you like things like these - they've got so many you will be spoilt for choice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. your images seem fine to me, quite large but i can see the whole image and it's not stretched or anything.

    i've never made a pie before but i love that sort of stuff. looks wicked

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pie. I would not have the patience for all those trees.

    ReplyDelete