Friday, November 18, 2011

Five Favourite Friday Fings


1. How sweet are these mini light-bulb vases? I saw them on Tumblr, I'm not sure of the original source, but they are super cute. Part of me thinks they would be really easy to make. Quite a lot of me foresees shattered light-bulbs all over my carpet though... What do you think? Also, you would need old-fashioned light bulbs - mercury poisoning wouldn't be a good look. Beautiful, minimal flowers too.

2. I'm always on the lookout for great, affordable prints and this Random Objects lion poster ticks every box. $18! (I know). Gorgeous black and white photo. Of a yawning/yowling lion (zodiac affinity or just plain adorable?). Useful, affirming but not tacky-as-hell quote. Done. I know I saw this one over at Mallory's but I can't remember where - they are too many lovely things going on there!

3. Flying squirrel scarf? Yes, please. Charlotte Linton's prints are random and awesome. That is all.

4. Lady loving. I've only recently discovered Tiger Beatdown and I'm sad that I didn't know about it sooner. Sady Doyle is a big ol' piece of excellent - angry and eloquent. I've also rediscovered KnockBack (more on that later). It is so invigorating to read some kickass women's writing. Why not start with her recent post on gendered internet abuse...

5. Ally has great taste. Emma Gleason has mad skillz. The above is from her graduate collection! It is so simple but so right - casual but interesting, odd but not bizarre, simple but not bland. Great cuts, great styling, great model. Stripes and colours, berry and lemon. Yum. I can't wait to see what she does next. I already want to wear most of what she has made.

Sometimes it is nice to take a step back. Get away from the internet, blogging and other blogs, as much as I love them. Away from TV and job hunting. Just take a little break and ignore it all for a while. It is so restful. I feel positively peaceful.

Chuck x

2 comments:

  1. I can't even describe how much I adore those tiny vases!!!! Don't they just look like huge rain drops with flowers stuck inside?.... So beautiful... Agree with you about DIY'ing them, though... Got to have the right bulbs and tools first. But how fab.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those lightbulb vases are so lovely!

    ReplyDelete