Monday, November 21, 2011

Dangerous Florals

I was vaguely surprised to see that I hadn't posted about Hermione de Paula before. I basically expect all the thoughts that flits through my brain to end up on here and then I'm baffled when they don't. Maybe they could but that would be a lot of work - my brain is a busy place (sometimes). Anyway, I'm a big fan of de Paula, hence the surprise. She is a print maestro and I do love a good print. They are more defined than most of the prints I have been fetishising recently but the detail is intriguing and there is a darkness to them that I find irresistible. Her SS12 collection 'Darlingtonia's Obsession' is named after the carnivorous Cobra Lily - flowers and death entwined. Exotic birds dart amongst the blooms and vines curl like bondage. At the same time there is a soft, floatiness to the fabrics and cuts... Something for everyone!




The above trouser/shirt combo is particularly amazing. It reminds me of the similar Celine Resort 2012 look. Matchy matchy floral goodness. It would look so bonkers in my real life but I want to recreate it! I want some thoughtful florals generally.



This is from an earlier collection but I had to include it because it is so lovely. Photo, dress, styling - love. I'll be interested to see where de Paula's designs go next. I'll be keeping better tabs on her this time. Brain/blog synch! Wouldn't that be excellent?

Chuck x

12 comments:

  1. these are quite exquisite! I love the first print. A lot. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous! I love the colours of the first outfit and that amazing print! Thank you for sharing. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah-mazing. x hivenn p.s enter my $200 shopbop giveaway?

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! these looks are just amazing! :D

    katslovefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, the prints are gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a weakness for floral on floral. What an amazing set of pictures/clothes. I am slightly ashamed I've never heard of her, now going to do some sudo internet research.

    & thank you for your pretty amazing comments, they are slowly becoming some of my favs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that these florals are super clean and chic...instead of over the top frilly, so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great lookbook!
    I love the dress on the first pic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. my gf would love the first set of stuff, it's pretty vibrant even for summer!

    ReplyDelete