Sunday, October 30, 2011

Some Clothes I've Worn

Yeah, black trousers are definitely my safe place. They are just so blissfully versatile and they remove the whole colour coordination thing (more or less). It is difficult to find the perfect pair though. In terms of jeans types, my Levi's are a little too low cut (my kidneys like to be lovely and warm), my Uniqlo jeans are falling apart after less than a year and my new Uniqlo cords, which are lovely, do rule out a lot of textural combos. I'm nowhere on smart black trousers. The material needs to be right (not itchy, not stretchy, not shiny), the cut needs to be right (slim, not skinny), the details need to be right (proper pockets, ankle hems, ideally cuffed). I just haven't found anything suitable on the high street. One of my lovely lady friends has a great pair from the Kooples but that isn't really an option right now...

Anyone seen anything?

Chuck x

6 comments:

  1. i agree that the perfect black trousers are hard to come across! just have to keep expetimenting! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice black trousers! Unfortunately, I can't ever get used to wearing them casually as I wear them to work all the time

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your second outfit, they're all pretty snazzy really! I find it horribly hard to find trousers that fit as I'm taller than the average petite yet too small for "normal" length.. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the stripes and the red shoes sexy. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have some great black trousers from Zara from last summer, might be worth a try? You really have to dig around in there though which always puts me off. I feel like they just have too much stock!

    ReplyDelete
  6. where did you get that polka dot pullover??! i've been looking everywhere for one...

    ReplyDelete