Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Loaf 2


Just as awesome but slightly better. I remembered the salt this time - win!

I'm not up to Malin Elmlid's Bread Exchange levels yet but maybe I'll get there eventually. Any sourdough experts out there? If so, can you help me? How do I avoid that one especially cavernous hole? Obviously it is authentic and home-made and I love it but it would be easier to spread peanut butter on without the big hole...

For those of you who were interested, I would recommend Dan Lepard's sourdough starter method which you can find here. Because it uses extra agents (live yoghurt & raisins) that purists would probably turn their noses up at it is fairly idiot proof. See me, for example. Come back in a week and let me know how your little buddy is doing. Mine is called Albert and it is love. I'm going to go feed him right now.

Chuck x

5 comments:

  1. I'm an expert on taste! Send me some to try with lots of melty butter please x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally going to have a go at sourdough next, mmm. I love making bread.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice looking bread!

    katslovefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think sourdough is my favorite, um, genre? of bread. It goes with everything. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Lady! Be proud of those holes :)
    It is just a proof of how much dedication you put into it and that you folded it by hand.
    It is hard to say why since there can be a couple of reasons for the uneven holes. But I love them!
    All the best,
    Malin (from Bread Exchange)

    ReplyDelete