Saturday, October 1, 2011

Jewellery Cont.


Talking about jewellery...

I came across Ros Millar's jewellery on display yesterday and thought it rather lovely. Black oxidised silver and rose gold. Beautiful, organic shapes and diamond/studs - an interesting take on something that has been rather overdone recently. Her rings are cast in cuttlebones which I think is wonderful. It is such an ancient and brilliantly simple technique. Simple in theory, obviously, not simple in practice to make beautiful, wearable jewellery. The cuttlebone casting I did when I was thirteen certainly didn't look anything like Millar's! I just want to wear a couple of her rings subtly stacked. Not shouty but quiet and fascinating.

Chuck x

2 comments:

  1. I love this jewelry, it's both delicate and tough at the same time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her stuff too! We just got it in at work and I pounced on the small rose gold nugget studs, but would love a ring too!

    ReplyDelete