Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Ski Chic



I have a major craving for a weird, chunky ski jumper. Damn you, Raf Simons! I mean, you think you have got away scot free - after the instant love of SS/11 you think that you feel neutral about AW/11. You don't though. It sneaks up on you and one day you realise that it is exactly what you want to wear and that it is jaw-droppingly awesome. The perfect, sharp trousers, the elegant volume of the cocoon dresses and coats, the matching print shirt and trousers. I've even embraced the strange cling film hair. The high street doesn't really excel at any of the above though (cunning Raf, I see what you've done there...) so they shall tragically remain out of my reach. Beautiful, bulky, bright knits are achievable though. Clear, 80s colours and odd woven patterns and textures? Check. I'm actually quite impressed with current offerings. The River Island demi-turtlenecks are particularly delectable and not bad at £35. The only problem is which colour?? The green is closer to the original but the red is very jolly... Both? We probably need them in this weather - England is not as hospitable as the Balearic Islands. Sad truth.

Chuck x

4 comments:

  1. I like the visual aspect the green creates on the model when movement is involved. They're all unique and covetable. My own sweater collection just keeps on growing and it shows no signs of stopping:) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the rive island jumpers, I really like the red version x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes please! I am definitely in the mood for wonderful knits - the first topshop one is my fave! Now to persuade someone to take me skiing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. that looks like the kind of stuff i want to be wearing this winter

    ReplyDelete