Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Recent Eats


The mejadra and the aubergine and lemon risotto are both Yotam Ottolenghi for the Guardian. Mejadra is a spicy, fragranced rice and lentil dish piled high with delicate, crispy fried onions. It was mega delicious with lots of yoghurt, pitta and salad. Lemon and aubergine are another perfect combination. I have been trying to eat more vegetarian food recently for various reasons and Ottolenghi's New Vegetarian column is a great resource for exciting recipes where you don't notice the lack of meat. So many interesting and complex flavours. I'm not a quorn/tofu gal so I'm going to be keeping my eyes open for gripping non-meat alternatives. 

Vegetarians out there, what are your favourite meals?

Chuck x

6 comments:

  1. Oh gosh - moules! Those have been my new favourite food and I hear they're easy to make. I'm too nervous to cook seafood though

    ReplyDelete
  2. This all looks super exciting - definitely checking out this guy at the Guardian :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favourite veggie meal ever is tofu scramble! Basically silken tofu, and various vegetables mushed up in a pan in the style of scrambled eggs and served on toast. So quick and easy and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmm lovin the look of your eggs. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like this post,gnammy :-D
    i'm your new follower,i hope you will follow and visit my blog YOUR FASHION CHIC
    www.yourfashionchic.it

    ReplyDelete