Saturday, September 17, 2011

Five Favourite Friday Fings


1. Cary Grant and George Clooney... Are there two better looking men? *Daydream* George Chamoun's celebrity collages, Iconatomy, examine the continuity of social perceptions of beauty while offering up some serious eye candy. Modern and Golden Age movie stars are morphed into enormous piles of double deliciousness - Angelina/Liz Taylor, Natalie Portman/Audrey, R-Pattz/James Dean, Scarlett/Marilyn. Beautiful and interesting, seen at Annika Bakkstrom's blog.

2. This Stella McCartney seems to be like Marmite - you either love it or you hate it. Like Marmite I love it. I also love this fab illustration by Vic Riches, aka The Scribbler. It is always exciting to discover new fashion illustrators and Vic's loose lines and generous use of colour are fun and infectious. As seen at Scientist Chic.

3. Ulyana Sergeenko's first collection has been all over the internet but I think it is so great that I just have to put it up in my little virtual corner too. 1950s glamour, dark and twisted fairy tales, Russian heritage. It isn't revolutionary but it is very very lovely and I want to wear pretty much all of it all the time. First seen at Absolute Sunday.

4. I would really like some good quality Chelsea boots for this winter and I'm thinking that short jodhpur boots like these from Regent Equestrian might be the answer? They come in a very fetching oxblood colour although they also do black. They are £80 which is pretty much the same/less than most high street boots and I feel the quality has to be better. Might see if I can try some on.

5. I can't remember where I saw this 'Loved' ring but I just think it is touchingly adorable and I want it. It would make a sweet engagement ring too. Or a birthday present. Or just an any time present. Anyone want to buy me a present?

Chuck x

4 comments:

  1. those boots are amazing! I just bought some cheapo ones from H n M (£30).. and yum for the Clooney/Grant mashup xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the celebrity collages, and that ring is the sweetest thing.

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the illustrations and those boots, I NEED some Chelsea boots in my life


    Bow Dream Nation xx

    ReplyDelete