Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Sweet Pastoral


Maltby Market Stall / Poppies and Posies / Jan van Huysum c/o The British Museum via The Snail and the Cyclops
Amy Merrick / Maltby
Poppies and Posies
Amy Merrick / Maltby
Amy Merrick

There is some wonderful flower styling going on at the moment. Amy Merrick and Poppies and Posies are among my favourites. I love their use of wild flowers and unexpected elements. They make me want to scavenge beautiful and odd plants and flowers from around London and attempt to arrange them artistically in jam jars.

I'm also strangely craving cow's parsley. How about you? Do you have a favourite wild flower? I'd also nominate dog roses and apple blossom.

Chuck x

7 comments:

  1. Love this post, so pretty an colourful.
    I would have all those flowers in my home!

    Abigail x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really am clueless about flowers, the way you just reel off names is very impressive! Maybe when I'm old and into gardening proper-like I'll be better at remembering, but for now I'll stick to marigolds :) These arrangements are gorgeous though, I especially like the ones with the fruit! ♥ Claire @ Jazzpad

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a total idiot when it comes to flowers, but I do love an artfully untidy, colourful bundle such as these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all gorgeous! I wish I knew a bit more about flowers, they're so special xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's too bad that I'm allergic to wild flowers (my hands and body get spots immediately after I touch one, and it's so itchy :S ) because I love them. My friend's mother used to grow wild strawberries (they were super tiny, about 1cm long) and they were really cute.

    ReplyDelete