Tuesday, August 2, 2011

La Garconne Fan Girl - Adventures in Polyvore

Man, La Garconne on Polyvore is a black hole of awesomeness. It brings out the very worst in my compulsive scrapbooking habits. I keep physical scrapbooks intensely but intermittently - I can't scrapbook casually, I'm an all or nothing kind of gal. I will go through phases of obsessively collecting everything that vaguely attracts me, painstakingly cutting and pasting them into gorgeous collages that I love and that inspire me and then feeling artistically drained. Clearly I don't have the makings of a real artist - no stamina! I will then go back to normal, efficient, practical life until my magazine pile gets out of control and the cycle repeats itself. I do similar things with Polyvore and although the finished results aren't as picturesque at least the process is much tidier. No slithers of magazine cuttings getting absolutelyeverywhere, no covering myself in Prittstick (or even better SprayMount - I LOVE SprayMount!).

La Garconne is particularly dangerous because I feel the need to include and save everything. Absolutely everything. They have the most perfect product selection - many gold stars for their buyers. I just want it all, I want to wallow in their general aesthetic and their specific choices. So many wonderful muted colours and interesting fluid fabrics and the jumpers! Don't even get me started on the jumpers... Anyway, here are just a few of the outfits I want to wear with just a few of the pieces I want to own.

Gorgeous Grey a La Garconne


Ladylike a La Garconne


Intellectual Lounging a La Garconne

Weekend Brunch a La Garconne


Maxing and Relaxing a La Garconne


Dresses for Every Occasion a La Garconne


All of the clothes are available from La Garconne and some of the accessories are too. Click on the pictures for more details.


Chuck x


P.S. Margheritas do not aid blog editing.

6 comments:

  1. These are such great looks! I really like #1 and think it will make its way to my fall wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God, I should probably avoid it otherwise my family will be starving, cold and forgotten. :D
    Love the outfits you've created, so many pices I would love to have in my wardrobe right now... x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really great stuff here, I love all of the looks you've put together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really liking quite a bit of this stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want that 4th look - jumper, shirt, maxi combo is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the outfits!!!

    xo

    putyourshoesonella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete