Saturday, August 20, 2011

Five Favourite Friday Fings


1. If these t-shirts from Atsuyo et Akiko came in adult sizes I would weep with joy. They are just so lovely and Winnie the Pooh is one of my favourite children's book characters.

2. The Scarlet Room is one of my favourite new online stores (new to me anyway). I haven't bought anything from them yet because $20+ for international shipping seems a bit steep but there are so many things I would like to buy. They're making interesting, fashion-y, well-priced clothes and I would buy anything this girl modeled - I think she is amazing! This lopsided shirt is particularly lovely.

3. This landscape/crystal painting by Russell Leng is beautiful and bargainous. Prices start at $20 for 8"x10"! I'm seriously considering adding it to my baby art collection. Having some framing issues with the pictures I've already got though so might need to sort that first... Where does one get attractive, inexpensive frames?? The eternal question. Mammoth has an amazing collection of interesting and affordable art that you should definitely check out. I can see myself browsing it semi-obsessively in the future. Via Oracle Fox.

4. This aran knit ceramic cup/vase/candle holder by Yoyo Ceramics is just plain cute. Knitted ceramics? Genius! I would like to fill my house with these. Via Honey Kennedy who likes their jay cloth range.

5. Fo' real, I want these rubber opera gloves from House of Harlot. My flatmates think I'm joking. I'm not. I've been wanting some leather opera gloves for a long long time to wear with bracelet and 3/4 sleeves but they're expensive (£30+ even on ebay). These are only £19 and they are all over the September issue of Elle. I wonder if they are a struggle to get into? They have a shop in London so I might try and visit, try them on ask some questions etc. If all goes well these will be mine soon...

I'm off to Edinburgh now and I am PSYCHED. Love that city. Am of course running quite late and need to leave five minutes ago. I hope everyone's weeks have been excellent and bring on the weekend!

Chuck x

7 comments:

  1. I think the knit ceramic cup is great, and all of your finds are fun to explore, as always!

    Have a blast in Edinburgh. If you see Derek Riddell can you ask for his autograph? I assume he just hangs out there, in the city:D xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh I've been meaning to comment for AGES.
    Love the asymmetric top and REALLY?! Rubber gloves hahahahaha. Please get them. They are certainly interesting and make me think a lot about Frankie Goes to Hollywood and/or S&M...
    The photography in your previous post is beautiful.. makes me feel all nostalgic about summer!
    Every single thing about your last Five Favourite Friday Fings was bookmarked. Especially those gorgey loafers.
    And, to finish off, YOU GOT LOVE MAGAZINE. I'm still not sure which one to reward myself with for my AS results... either the Hailee Steinfeld one or the Chloe Moretz. But Elle Fanning looks so pretty. Oh, it's a tough choice and you went for a model cover as well!

    Enjoy Edinburgh - I really want to visit it and pretend I'm in One Day... :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. My 5 year old self wants that t shirt SO bad. Guess I'm going to have to live with putting it on the christmas list for the littlest donkey (which we are now taking inspiration from Nancy Mitford to name - Sigismond anyone?). Have super fun time in Edniburgh. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That little t-shirt is super cute... thinking my nephew would look adorable in it! Great collection of favourites! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all these finds, so unique. The sweater cup is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that cup - I went on the website to double cheak that the outside wasn't actually knitted!

    ReplyDelete