Saturday, August 13, 2011

Five Favourite Friday Fings


1. I'm really enjoying the Zara TRF AW/11 lookbook at the moment. I'd never really taken notice of TRF before but now, bam! It is feeding into the whole Tomboy Style, J Crew, New Mod, Wearing the Pants thing that I am LOVING and I just can't get enough. Via Because I'm Addicted.

2. I have had Devendra Banhart's 'This Beard is for Siobhan' stuck in my head all week. So. Good.

3. Le Train Bleu is an independent shop with an interesting mix of stock including this Newquay dress - sweet, stripy and very reasonably priced at $86. Also, the model is gorgeous.

4. I heart slipper/loafers. A very hard thing to search ebay for though. You can't imagine how many people are actually listing slipper slippers. I will buy many things second hand but I draw the line at slippers (I think?). If I was feeling flush and as if I wanted to buy some first hand slipper/loafers though I would go first to Osborn. These Cinderbella Smokin' Loafers are relaxed but beautiful. I would like to wear them everywhere. There is a lovely video on the making of their shoes on their blog too.

5. Colenimo's AW/11 collection is lovely and restful and takes vintage inspiration in the best possible way. With my giant head I'll never be pulling off (or, in fact, putting on) cloche hats but the colours and the collars are sweet. Muted tones, full skirts, housecoats, knee socks... Their current collection is delectable too. Via Honey Kennedy.

I had a lazy day today reading books in bed, magazines in the bath and blogs in front of The West Wing. Perfection. How about you?

Chuck x

13 comments:

  1. That Zara lookbook is really good actually! The TRFs near me never have that much good stuff in...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes please. I love a bit of Devendra x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore the Zara lookbook, the coat and pants just equal perfection! :)
    http://cupcakesandtreacle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving this photos, esp. the first one and the one of the shoes!

    -Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving that zara coat so much! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think that I could ever buy second hand slippers either - think it's all the barefoot action they're seen from the previous owner. Those slipper above are beauts - they look really comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been saving every pic of the Zara F/W Lookbook that I come across. I love the neutrals paired with the more fun purple/raspberry/plum shades as opposed to the drab rust colours that crop up during this time of year.

    Also, you're totally right, Blondie isn't a guilty pleasure:) I must have imaginary peer pressure issues. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Zara, why do you taunt me so? Why do you have to make beautiful lookbooks EVERY SEASON and be *just* out of my measly student price range? Love that cable knit green jumper especially on their lookbook... ♥ Claire @ Jazzpad

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those loafers, I bought some for the summer and now you just made me want to buy some more!x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the entire look in #1, especially the colors of those pants!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That first outfit is perfection. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete