Friday, July 1, 2011

Five Favourite Friday Fings


Clockwise from top left:

1) It has been getting a lot of love on the interwebz and rightfully so, what is not to love about My Daguerreotype Boyfriend? 'Where early photography meets extreme hotness'. See also, Bangable Dudes from History, obv. Cracking web genre.

2) I really enjoyed this post on Kiki Dee by the inimitable Miss Moss. Random in the best internet way. Apart from 'Don't Go Breaking My Heart' I know nothing about Keeks but clearly she was gorgeous. There is a long standing threat of an enthusiastic rendition of this classic at my wedding... I am already afraid.

3) I remember reading about Amanda Wachob's tattoos a couple of years ago and they have recently resurfaced in my consciousness. Her abstract tattoos are just so beautiful and interesting but her whole website is a joy to traverse. Fuel to the tattoo fire that is smouldering away in my mind...

4) I am loving this Passion Pit remix of Cold War Kids 'Mine is Yours'. Their latest album is just brilliant, I can't stop listening to it. If you don't know them you are in for a treat. One of my most favourite bands ever. 

5) Just such fun. I love this Stella McCartney inspired from Apollinas. Brilliant idea, beautiful design, delicious sounding cake. Want to brainstorm other high fashion baking ideas now - any suggestions? Seen on Siri's tumblr.

A bit of a random selection but generally very jolly. I have to get up super early tomorrow to bake a birthday cake. I'm aiming quite high so here is hoping it is perfect (or at least quite good). It is for an extra special someone. What are your plans for this weekend? Anyone doing anything exciting?

Chuck x

7 comments:

  1. Great post - loads of variety. Have already sent the hot dead guys links to my friend as I'm sure she'll find them as hilarious as I did. Haven't heard Passion Pit in aaaaages. Did see them support Franz Ferdinand at the Roundhoue about 2 years ago and they were great though. Mmmm cake. Hope that goes well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've literally been scoring the internet trying to remember the URL for Bangable Dudes... Thank you for reintroducing me to the wonderful world of hot dead guys and pie charts (an excellent combo).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely adore the fruit print <3

    x
    Lost in the Haze

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like everything in the post, but especially Amanda Wachob's tattoos! I've been musing about my second tattoo and it would be so cool if I could get one by her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those tattoos are amazing. They blow me away, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must listen to that cold war kids remix, I just to like them loads but haven't listened in a while


    Bow Dream Nation xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to thank you for this post because without it I may have never found Miss Moss and Bangable Dudes from History, which is one of the most inspired blogs I've come across in a long time. Thank you so much, Chuck! xx

    ReplyDelete