Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Boot Lovin'

Remember the Emma Cook for Topshop boots? You know, the ones. The ones that all bloggers have and that are still awesome and that look great with everything. The ones that five years on still sell for more than their original price on ebay. Well I tried those on in Topshop at the time. I had them on my feet, in my size, within my sticky little grasp. But I didn't buy them. I really liked them but they were that little bit too clunky to walk in (I mean, actual getting around places walking), that little bit too impractical and that little bit too expensive. Regrets dog me to this day. Not lie-awake-at-night-gnawing-my-fingernails-to-bleeding-stumps regrets but rather niggles of frustration at myself whenever I see anyone looking amazing in them. Great shoes transcend practicality? I should have bought them.


That is a little bit how I feel when I look at these Miss Selfridge boots. Sure, they're no EC4TS but they're still pretty damn cool and they have quite a bit in common with them. Burgundy, pony skin, mixed materials, big height, serious clunk, kinda bad boy... I can't feasibly work them into my current work wardrobe and I can't go for long distance hikes in them but does that matter?




Any thoughts? I liked them in person and they qualify for free delivery online. I have a week and a half left of my student discount...

Chuck x

6 comments:

  1. ooh I'm loving the black ones. Probs impractical but oh well. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, love your blog! Come on over and join in on my Giveaway!

    xo, Strawberry Moth

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOH YEAH! These are awesome! I love the burgundy pony skin ones too much. I've not checked out Miss S's footwear in too long so off to that. Now!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are awesome shoes! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the same regret for those Emma Cook boots... sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are cool but Emma Cooks ftw! They were way before their time.

    ReplyDelete