Friday, June 3, 2011

Home Again, Home Again

I'm back home in the country for the weekend. It is lovely. I enjoy cities but I am a country bumpkin at heart. Maybe that is why I am so attracted to these Yunus & Eliza leaf brooches. 'Favourite tree' is a difficult contest but I think oaks might be a winner. One of them anyway. We have a lot of history. Does it make me a nerd that I have a mental 'favourite tree' competition? Nah, it clearly makes me awesome!



Horse chestnuts are pretty great too. So green and springy.

And whitebeams...

And gnarly apple trees...

Chuck x

7 comments:

  1. You are awesome! I'm a fan of the birch tree myself; they're just there with their different coloured bark, completely owning it.:) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are wicked yeah, and it does make you awesome

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's got to be the weeping willow because they look so delicate but are in fact really tough. B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I lurve the second one. I think I'm kinda countryish at heart- can't wait to move away from the big smoke and hear a few cockerels in the morning.. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Having a favourite tree definitely makes you awesome. Mine is the MASSIVE pine outside the Natural History museum here- it's incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are gorgeous! I love the oak leaf especially.

    ReplyDelete