Sunday, May 29, 2011

Yasmin Kianfar

I can't remember how I came across Yasmin Kianfar but I'm glad I did. She is only 23 but the CSM graduate is already creating beautiful, serene, mature clothes. Kianfar takes inspiration from 1920s erotica which is clearly an excellent starting point but her collection still feels very modern and not bound to any single period or obvious reference. She is currently being stocked exclusively at Browns and Opening Ceremony and I might try and make the pilgrimage to Browns to admire her work in person. Obviously it is difficult to judge over the interwebz but the quality looks beautiful. I think her lookbook is perfect too - I love the clothes, the model, the quiet atmosphere. I don't really need to explain the allure just enjoy for yourself...







(All images from Yasmin Kianfar)

Chuck x

3 comments:

  1. Wow, so many lovely pieces there! The sheer dresses are particularly wonderful.
    And my mock interview went reasonably well I think, thank you :)

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the kind of elegant style I have in my dreams.

    ReplyDelete