Friday, March 11, 2011

Rye Rye x Dimepiece

Did you know about Rye Rye? I didn't but then I'm pretty uncool so that probably doesn't mean much. Anyway, she is a new M.I.A, Santogold, Rihanna/Nicki kind of lady. When I say lady, she looks about 15 (Done my research - she is 20 but she has an adorable baby face/voice) but she has some very catchy choons and some serious dance skillzzz. I'm all about dance skillzzz, not personally obviously but a girl can dream...

Her latest video, for 'Hardcore Girls', is collaboration with Dimepiece. Ashley Jones and Laura Fama (the designers at Dimepiece) did the styling and she wears a lot of their customised pieces. In case the name Dimepiece is ringing some bells but you can't quite place it, they're responsible for the cross collars that have been all over the interwebz. They're available for purchase now.



They make other things besides that collar though. Particularly, they do a nice line in t-shirts. I would enthusiastically wear any of these. First time in ages I have felt even vaguely attracted to a 'slogan t-shirt' (barring band tees)...

(All c/o Dimepiece)

I'm something of a control freak so I guess the central one would be particularly suitable...

Chuck x

2 comments:

  1. The cross collar is cool, but I'd mostly be very tempted to DIY it, you know? Looks pretty easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, probably. If you're not a big DIY retard like me...

    ReplyDelete