Monday, March 14, 2011

Perfect Porcelain

After seeing a shot of Hidemi's lace pattern porcelain on the style files I couldn't not (hey there, double negative) follow up on it. Originally from Tokyo she moved to New York and turned her training in fashion design towards making gobsmackingly lovely ceramics. She has an Etsy store where you can go buy her work/generally drool at all the beauty. Not only are the bowls, cups and mugs gorgeous, they are gorgeously styled. I know it makes me a giant cliché but macarons will sell me anything, also, more importantly, bagels and ice cream! Possibly my two favourite things. Her pieces aren't cheap but they are handmade and heavenly. I can just about imagine treating myself/a friend to a mug for a special occasion but sadly, although I guess unsurprisingly, postage outside the US is muy prohibitive.

I'll just have to admire them from a distance...


Chuck x

P.S. Donate to the Japan Tsunami Appeal here.

3 comments:

  1. Oooh I love the porcelain, so gorgeous and delicate ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so gorgeous, your blog does nothing but fuel my shopping needs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so beautiful pictures!!gorgeous pretty procelain

    ReplyDelete