Monday, March 7, 2011

No Bowl Baking! Chocolate Cornflakes

+ One Saucepan.

I am totally regressing to my childhood. These were the food of my youth, primarily because they are so simple that even five year olds can make them unsupervised and they will turn out delicious. After seeing Harriet's Marsbar Rice Crispy Cakes a couple of weeks ago I have been craving my own nostalgic version. There are probably a gzillion variants on the recipe, it is totally flexible to personal preference and pimping out, but this is my Granny's so I am emotionally attached to it!


Ingredients: (This makes about 20 cupcakes)
  • 3oz/75g butter
  • 3 generous tbsp golden syrup
  • 3 tbsp icing sugar
  • 3 tbsp cocoa
  • Cornflakes - just stir in as many as you can. I always pour mine straight from the box without measuring...
Recipe:
  1. Put all the ingredients (apart from the cornflakes) in a saucepan. Stir over a medium heat until they are fully combined. Take off the heat.
  2. Pour your cornflakes into the saucepan and stir into the chocolate syrup. I just keep adding more until I've used up all the chocolate.
  3. Dollop inelegantly into cupcake cases. Eat hot or cold.
The whole process can't take more than 10 minutes and it is an instant chocolate hit. And everyone loves them - you never outgrow the basics!

Hope y'all had a good weekend.

Chuck x

3 comments:

  1. these look amazing, totally got the munchies right now but must resist haha yumyumyum


    Bow Dream Nation xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was actually craving these yesterday, must get some cornflakes later!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, thanks for the mention - they are delicious aren't they? And so easy!

    ReplyDelete