Friday, January 28, 2011

Stylish Blogger (Apparently)

YYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH! Freedom! The essays are in! Hurrah etc.! I'm actually too exhausted to muster this much enthusiasm in real life but you get the jist.



Anyway, last weekend a nice thing happened to me. It was good timing because during peak essay periods the only other nice thing happening to me is breakfast (not to diss breakfast - I LOVE breakfast). This nice thing was that the very lovely Olivia of cheapfrills bestowed upon me a Stylish Blogger Award. Luckily she couldn't see me when she gave it to me! I can barely remember the last time I wore real clothes. Essay time = unparalleled pyjama time for me. But not in a good way. Anyway, as part of the award I must share 7 things that you might not know about me. I have actually done one of these before and it turns out that coming up with 14 interesting, amusing, unknown facts about oneself is pretty tricky so apologies if these are a bit uninspiring. I should keep a narcissist's notebook in case of such occasions and just jot down hilarious and amazing things about myself whenever they cross my mind... I'm sure that would make me into a delightful person!

So, here goes...
  1. I can style a grey fleecy blanket in 97 different ways. I know this because it has been the key to my wardrobe for the last fortnight. I can make it into a natty dress, top, coat, cloak... I can almost convince people that it is real clothing (almost).
  2. My first ever make-up was a blue mascara and a pale pink pearlescent lip gloss. 12 never looked so chic!
  3. I can sing Eternal Flame word for word. And I mean every single word. It turns out it is a little bit creepy... I blame Atomic Kitten and its being No. 1 for about 3 months during my formative years.
  4. My starring dramatic role at school was as The Pig with the Ring in his Nose (aged 5). I looked like a cocktail sausage in my pink leotard. Other winning performances included 'Dancing Jellyfish' and 'Chorus Flamingo'.
  5. You wouldn't know it now but once upon a time I had the worst teeth ever. I was an orthodontist's fantasy/worst nightmare. I moved to my secondary school with headgear (only at night, thank god) and I still made friends - that is charisma, people.
  6. My favourite art galleries are the Musée D'Orsay in Paris, the Van Gogh Museum and Rembrandt's House in Amsterdam and the Villa Borghese in Rome.
  7. I am super cute when I miaow along with the Mad Men theme tune. Sure, there are those who might disagree but they would be WRONG.
Hurrah! I always enjoy reading people's '7 things' so I am going to pass this on to (in purely alphabetical order) Couture and Crumpets, A Daisy Chain Dream, Dreaming Spires and Old Car Tyres, The Fish TankJazzpad, Penny Dreadful Vintage and Walk the Sand. Thanks again, Olivia.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. I'm off to Edinburgh for post-deadline celebrations so I won't be blogging. Woop!

Chuck x

6 comments:

  1. Aw thanks Chuck! I warn you I am useless at doing these question things, but I will try and remember to put something together. I laughed at the miaowing to Mad Men - not quite the same, but I do sing along when the Dr Who theme music comes on TV! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you my dear, I am envious of your blanket styling skills!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really pleasant to read this funny post. Orsay is my favorite museum too !
    http://selenite.weebly.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the mention - and I would love to see your blanket outfits, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are flippin' hilarious. Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog, do you plan on watching Black Swan?

    And fleece blankets are the ultimate mono-garment. A blanket one second and a turban the next!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Might have to style my blanket up on here sometime! V dignified that will be too...

    [And no, I'm prob not going to watch Black Swan - too much of a wuss.]

    ReplyDelete