Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A Macaron Christmas

Well, fine, be like that! I had been planning on making this a multi-post of small bits and pieces but Blogger wasn't cooperating. Pictures wouldn't load, pictures wouldn't load, waiting, waiting, broken. So, because I am hideously impatient, this is just going to be the one little bit and piece...

This post is dedicated to the glory that is a festive macaron (thanks for loading, little friend). Yup, it can be done. I couldn't help grinning when I saw this Peppermint Chocolate Macaron, they are just so happy!


Should you be in the area of NYC (lucky you) they are from Bisous Ciao. The romantic and well-travelled sounding Tanya creates many beautiful, delicious looking macarons. The flavours and combinations sound really interesting (below, l-r, orange blossom, jasmine and green tea, chai tea) and different but not ridiculous. I'm looking at you Pierre Herme with your Chocolate & Foie Gras Macarons - barf!




Since, sadly, I am unlikely to be in Noo Yoik anytime soon I wonder if I could attempt these?

Maybe a bit ambitious...

Chuck x

4 comments:

  1. I'd love to attempt making macaroons, but apparently they are a bitch to get right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment :) these look lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look delicious, right?

    I know macarons are supposed to be super difficult but I've never really had a problem with them. They might not look quite as perfect as these but they still look really good and taste delicious. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummm - if I wasn't so horrible at baking I would definitely attempt a chai macaron. Think I need to do a bit more research though...

    ReplyDelete